Full Time Driver/Loader
We are expanding fast and are looking for an enthusiastic van driver/loader to help collect wood for reuse from nearby building sites.
The position is full time (40 hours a week) and permanent. A salary of c £20,000 p.a. plus company pension is offered. Full training will be given and there are good opportunities for career development.
Applicants must hold a full driving licence and be physically fit – as lifting/loading/unloading is involved. In addition to driving they will be required to help in the yard, workshop and retail area as needed. Experience of driving 3.5 tonne (transit size) vehicles in a commercial environment and dealing directly with customers is preferred.
The main duties include:
- Drive 3.5 tonne pick-up truck and collect wood from various construction sites within a 30-mile radius of Woking and return the wood collected to our base.
- To take wood to various disposal sites within the area
- Undertake deliveries of finished products from our workshop to customers.
- Load and unload the vehicle
- Book in collections and liaise with our collection customers
- Complete necessary paperwork
- Plan collection/delivery routes
- Supervise and support the needs of any volunteers assigned to assist you.
Additional duties include:
- Working in the yard, sorting and preparing timber for sale
- Working in the retail area, serving customers
- Working in the workshop helping to make wood products
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must have a full, current UK driving licence (with no more than 3 penalty points)
- Experience of driving in a commercial environment and dealing directly with customers.
Applicants must also:
- Be physically fit and able to lift bulky items
- Have awareness of loading/unloading safety procedures
- Willing to work with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Be punctual, reliable and trustworthy.
- Have excellent and considerate driving skills.
- Have good interpersonal abilities and awareness of the importance of customer care.
- Hold a current CSCS card (training will be provided if necessary)
- Be able to meet deadlines.
Eligible candidates will be required to undergo a DBS check (at our expense), driving licence check and driving assessments as part of the selection process. Full Health and Safety training and PPE will be provided to ensure your safety in this role.
If you are interested in this opportunity, e-mail us at [email protected] to receive further information and an application form.