How we respect privacy when we deal with your personal information.
This policy applies to information The Useful Wood Company collects about individuals who interact with our website. It explains what personal information we collect, how we use it and your rights.
If you have any comments or questions about the below, please feel free to contact us.
Personal data we process
The following table explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
|Sending a message to our team (a general enquiry)||Name, email address, phone (optional), any info in message||Legitimate interest – it’s necessary for us to read and store your message so that we can respond in the way you would expect.|
|Express an interest in|
|Name, email address, phone (optional), any info in message||Legitimate interest – it’s necessary for us to read and store your message so that we can respond in the way you would expect.|
|Making a donation (including Gift Aid)||Name, email address, address, payment information||Legitimate interest – this information is necessary for us to fulfil your intention of donating and your expectation of receiving confirmation.|
How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in the table above. For example, we may use your personal information to:
- Reply to enquiries you send to us.
- Process online donations you initiate.
- Only where you have specifically agreed, send you communications by email relating to our work which we think would be of interest to you.
Sharing your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- You have provided your explicit consent for us to pass your data to a named third party.
- We are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfils our legal obligations in relation to the use of third party data processors e.g. processing a donation payment.
- We are required by law to share your data.
How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required. Where data is collected on the basis of consent, we might seek a renewal of consent after a period of time has passed e.g. three years.
Rights you have over your data
You have a number of rights over your data, including the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of all our email communications).
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here.
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please contact us.